Creative Cocktail is designed to bring businesses and professionals in the creative economy together to inspire each other, make business connections and generate collaborations.
The events will include
• formal presentations by local talent, allowing us to familiarize ourselves with other professionals and resources
• locally-sourced refreshments, which enables us to sample local food and drink
• hosted at a innovative venue each time, which allows us to explore new places in our sprawling community.
What is the creative economy?
- It is shaped by knowledge, innovation, and workers who use analytical, creative thinking and social skills.
– It is composed of lawyers, artists, and designers; it is beyond entertainers and includes brokers, programmers, educators, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs and more.
– It employs creative workers across all industries and sectors – including manufacturing and agriculture.
Should I attend?
– Open to everyone, where people can make business connections.
– Expand networking opportunities with a diverse occupational mix of attendees.
– Meet local business people and access their services.
– Get inspired by new ideas, knowledge, and collaboration – what can be possible collectively?
– Participate in building our community network.
Light refreshments will be served.
No charge, cash bar.
Please note start time.
Creative Cocktail is being hosted in collaboration with the Community Innovation Forum. For more information or to register for the CIF please click here.
There will be an opportunity to see a presentation by Kevin Stolarick, Research Director of the Martin Prosperity Institute. Dubbed the “Official Statistician of the Creative Class”, Kevin combines a depth of knowledge with an appreciation of the importance of finding and sharing the knowledge or “pearls of wisdom” gained from his comprehensive understanding of the Creative Class and the Creative Economy. For more info on Kevin and the Martin Prosperity Institute click here. More information on this exciting opportunity to come!!