For more information or to book an appointment contact:
705.743.0777 Ext. 2123
Business Resource Centre
- A business resource library including a computer workstation with Internet access is available for business use at the office
- Our Business Consultant is available to assist by appointment
- All general business inquiries can be addressed
The BAC offers seminars to support small businesses.
Meetings with Accounting & Legal Professionals
Each month, lawyers and accountants from across the region volunteer their time and provide free half-hour consultations to BAC clients on business-related matters.
The Business Advisory Centre offers a mentorship program to support the region’s business community. If you are interested in being matched with a mentor, or in becoming a program mentor contact Jamey at 705-743-0777 ext. 2123, firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are between 15 & 29 years of age and are returning to school in the fall, you are eligible to apply to the Summer Company™ Program. If approved, you will receive up to $3,000 and business mentoring. To find out more about Summer Company™ visit www.ontario.ca/summercompany.
Business Start-Up Information
The BAC’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Guide (Download PDF 99kB)
The BAC’s Business Planning Guide (Download PDF 7.05MB)
The BAC’s Financing Programs Guide (Download PDF 182kB)
This information is also available at the BAC office.
Online Resources Provided by Canada Business Ontario
- Business planning frequently asked questions
- Business Planning Success
- Conducting market research
- Developing your ideas
- Exiting your Business
- Forms of business organization
- Funding and incentive programs
- Government grants and financing
- How to start a business during a recession
- Is entrepreneurship for you?
- Managing and training staff
- Marketing and Sales
- Measuring the Results of Your Advertising
- Organizational design
- Promoting and advertising your business
- Regulations for specific business activities
- Sales and customer relationship management
- Starting a Business
- Tax Refunds and Credits
- Wage Subsidies